Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cornerstone Song - "Stronger"

As I spoke with a friend this week, she expressed discouragement in light of recent battles in her own life and in the lives of those she loves. I resonated with her discouragement - feeling the weight of sin on my shoulders and wrapping my mind around the ugly existence of this world. As she said these words, I felt my own heart sink to where hers was... “it just feels like we can’t get ahead of the enemy.”

Then, I began practicing the songs for this weekend and God reminded me of one simple truth; He is stronger. We do not need to live weary lives afraid of the battles that we’re in, nor intimidated by the battles that are coming. Our God is almighty and has already won. Jesus has given us what no man could. He has provided a perfect sacrifice, which stands in our defense to the great and just God of the universe. He is the Lord of All!

As you face battles, remember that the war is won. Claim the promise found in Psalm 140:7, “Sovereign LORD, my strong deliverer, you shield my head in the day of battle.”

*Written for the bulletin for April 9, 2011 at New Hope Adventist Church

No comments:

Post a Comment