Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cornerstone Song - "God of Wonders"

I once took a spiritual disciplines test that gauges which avenues best connect you with God. In taking it, I discovered that one of my strongest spiritual connections was found to be through nature. It makes sense though; all of my life I’ve had a longing to be in awe of God in nature.

There’s something about the natural world in and of itself that inspires the soul and tells me that something greater exists. There’s a certain majesty in the mystery of nature.

Who made the stone walls of mountains stand high over the plains? How did water get pushed aside for land masses to emerge? Who made the human heart to pump just enough blood into our bodies to sustain life?

We believe in a creative, loving God that made this world and all that is within in it for our pleasure and His glory. He is an awesome, holy God and we stand before Him today, humbled by His greatness to proclaim that we are compelled by the mystery of His wonders to call on His name.

*Written for the bulletin for May 28, 2011 at New Hope Adventist Church 

No comments:

Post a Comment