Friday, January 13, 2012

Leading Worship... from the Third Row

This weekend, I'm not on the schedule to play guitar or sing at my home church, but I'm already looking forward to leading worship. I haven't practiced at all, but I'm feeling very prepared. I'm ready to give God my praises and influence the people around me to do the same.

I'll be sitting in the third row of the congregation this weekend - hands raised and heart engaged. My hope is that I can leverage my visibility as a regular worship leader on stage to be able to influence and lead the congregation even while being off stage.

When I'm on stage, I see other worship leaders off stage. They're the ones clapping, singing and giving God His due glory. I see their influence echo throughout their small section of influence in the congregation and sometimes even reach to the far edges of the auditorium. It's much easier to join in and be a little "undignified" in your worship, when there is someone next to you or in front of you leading the way.

Join me this weekend in leading worship, because God deserves it. Engage Him with your voices and hearts and be an influence for those around you to be like King David, worshiping God at the risk of being undignified.

No comments:

Post a Comment