Thursday, February 3, 2011

Multi-Cultural Worship

As I've mentioned throughout this blog, my church New Hope Adventist Church is a multi-cultural congregation. Planning worship services for such a diverse congregation can prove to be tricky and I often fail, but I'm trying. I'm committed to creating transformational worship experiences for all attendees regardless of culture, class or age.

The millions of preferences contained in myself, my team and the congregation must take a backseat to God's word. I really like what one of my team members recently emailed me while we were having a productive email thread on the discussion. It's a conversation with a worship pastor at a similar congregation undertaking many of the same challenges.

If you have any thoughts, reflections or suggestions on multi-cultural worship, please feel free to share them below in the comments or email them to me at rickandersonjr@gmail.com

Much more to come on this topic! :)

1 comment:

  1. It is difficult for me to do and I have to be very intentional about opening myself up but when I do, when I lay expectation and prejudice and all that aside, I feel God's presence more than ever before. It's like, getting out of my comfort zone lays aside my apathy that I have built up over years of doing the same thing over and over. When I attend a church that has a different way of approaching worship, it makes me sit up and listen and think and engage. I wish we could incorporated this more into our services, the change, the difference, so we wouldn't have to go to another church or state or country or age group, to be woken up.

    ReplyDelete